Pre - Application Brochure
Are you dreaming of a safe and secure place to call your very own? Those dreams can become reality!
A few key points...
- We build homes in partnership with people who are unable to secure a normal bank loan.
- Most of the labor on Habitat homes is done by the partner families with help from volunteers.
- When the home is completed, the partner family makes a small down payment and purchases their home.
- Unlike other mortgages, Habitat mortgages are interest free.
- The monthly mortgage payments that homeowners make go into a fund to help other families build homes.
- In addition to monthly house payments, each homeowner must pay for their utilities, home maintenance and other standard expenses.
In order to build a home with Habitat for Humanity, you must meet 3 basic requirements.
1. I have need a need for decent housing.
2. I have the ability to pay for a home.
As a homebuyer, it is necessary that you have a steady income history. You may still be considered even if you have a steady income from sources other than employment.
3. I am willing to partner with Habitat.
Your partnership with Habitat will mean putting in 275 hours (for a 1-adult family) or 500 hours (for a 2-adult family) of sweat equity, first working on other families homes, then building your own. You will also attend homeowner education classes. Consider that this partnership may involve 20-30 hours per month of extra work in addition to your regular employment. We can customize the building process to accommodate your abilities and/or physical limitations.
If you're not sure if you meet the guidelines for qualifying, please call us at 330-493-6500 and ask for Laura Berkeley, or Chevonne McCallum family support coordinators.
Feeling Social? Check out our page on Facebook and Twitter!
Volunteer / E-Newsletter Form
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Stark & Carroll Counties
2800 Leemont Ave. NW
Canton OH, 44709
Email us: email@example.com
Tuesday - Friday: 8:30am - 4pm
Saturday: 8am - 1pm
Monday and Sunday - Closed