We can help with your dream of discovering safe, stable, affordable housing
Discover Safe, Stable, Affordable Housing
If you dream about owning your own decent home, but struggle in the current realities of every day life, we would love to talk about how we might be able to help. A couple of things you should know:
- Habitat for Humanity provides hard-working families and individuals the opportunity to purchase their own simple, decent home with an affordable monthly house payment. Habitat for Humanity homes are not given away.
- We partner with those who are unable to secure a conventional bank loan. Through our recently expanded services, we also offer certain opportunities to those who can acquire their own financing.
- Habitat constructs energy-efficient new homes and preserves existing homes throughout Stark and Carroll counties.
- Habitat has been serving our community for over 25 years, helping nearly 500 families.
A Hand Up, Not a Hand Out
Habitat for Humanity currently offers the following opportunities for homeownership, depending on your financial situation:
- Hardworking families and individuals may purchase a newly constructed home. The future homeowner participates in the construction process and Habitat homeownership classes. When completed, the home is sold with an affordable, no-interest mortgage.
- Hardworking families/individuals may purchase a renovated home. The future homeowner participates in the renovation process and Habitat homeownership classes. When completed, the home is sold with an affordable, no-interest mortgage.
- Hardworking families/individuals may purchase a home already renovated by Habitat. The future homeowner provides the required down payment and the home is sold with financial assistance through Habitat.
- Families/individuals who can acquire their own financing and down payment may purchase a home already renovated by Habitat.
A hand up, not a hand out.
Our partner families work hard for their homes. Hear about the tangible difference they’ve experienced in their lives.
Becoming a homeowner is no small decision and you likely have a number of questions. The good news is that we get questions all the time. Take a look at some of the questions we receive frequently. See frequently asked questions.
Do You Qualify?
To be eligible to purchase a Habitat home, potential homeowners must meet three areas of qualification:
Ability to Pay
Need for Decent, Affordable Housing
Willingness to Partner
EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY: We are pledged to the letter and spirit of US policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. The selection of families who purchase homes from Habitat for Humanity of Greater Stark and Carroll Counties will be done by the family selection committee in a way that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, marital status, or national origin.
About the Partnership
Habitat loves to get to know future homeowners during the time they are involved in our homeownership program. It is our goal to help equip families to be successful homeowners and the partnership allows us to do this.
Families that are accepted in the partnership will complete a required number of “sweat-equity” days. Sweat-equity includes the following:
Being involved in the process of building or renovating Habitat homes – including your own.
Classes involving financial education, hands-on maintenance training, and more.
Assisting the ministry and the Habitat ReStore, in the warehouse, or in the ministry offices.
Provide your family with a safe, stable home environment to return to and the end of the day.
You Own It
Your new home will be an asset and a legacy – something you can pass down to your children.
Homeownership Has Its Perks
When you receive the keys to your new home, you get to realize the benefits of safe, stable, and affordable housing.
Ready to take the first step?
Give our Family Partnership Team a call at (330) 915-5888 or send them a message using the form below. They would love to dream with you.